Monday, September 16, 2013

The Perfect Lasagna

I sat down quietly as I stared at the intircately presented plate in front of me. Instead of the usual pasta with meat, cheese and sauce, my lasagna had a different ingredient. I wondered how it would taste, considering that it did not have the pasta. What would lasagna be without pasta?
I slowly picked up my fork and pressed it firmly on the slice of lasagna, breaking off a piece. I set the piece on top of my fork and slowly placed it in my mouth. As I chewed, burst of flavour and texture slid into my puny mouth. The rough tecture of the meat mixed with the smooth texture of the sauce. The salty cheese created a whirlwind of emotions. But what was this?
A slightly rough texture could be felt inside my mouth. It created balance and harmony within it as the meat, sauce, and cheese mixed. It balanced out the saltiness of the dish. It was the ingredient that made this lasagna perfect.

I wondered what kind of ingredient could make my lasagna as wonderful as it was. Then it dawned over me that there could only be one ingredient. And that was the almighty potato, ruler of the rootcrops.

No comments:

Post a Comment